Difficulty of Appreciation


Its difficult to appreciate our lives most days. There is always that one thing [or several in the case of some] that we are yet to attain. Then there is that one moment, when you realise just how lucky you really are. Sometimes, when you realise that okay, so maybe you didnt get that chocolate bar today, but you do have a large bowl of ice cream every night as a 'special treat'. Contradiction right there. But it is how I justify things generally- forgo the candy, appreciate the ice cream.

Then something happens.

However small, or inconsequential to my life it may seem, something will happen- case in point the accident a friends' parent survives, and you realise, maybe being loved by your parent who is still alive and well should be enough to appreciate today.
I dont know. It certainly isnt why I started blogging. But it most certainly did make me appreciate having mum around a lot more.

And sometimes, that appreciation goes a long way.
Blogging. Its like an online diary isnt it? That I wont be any good at. I cant bare myself to strangers quite like that- but if Im ever to be more trusting, someone insightful has said that this is a good way to begin. So here it is. My attempt at outter trust as he calls it. Haha, like there are different kinds of trust that we bestow upon one another and not a state that is attained. Guess, that remains to be seen. For now, here I am and here you are, dear reader- whoever you may be.

Perhaps, I will make a new friend out of this whole exercise. Perchance I won't.



0 comments: