A trip to the dentist


Why is it that some people can Never be satisfied? Every little occurrence has to be of epic proportions in the screw up department.

I can think of two people who are on holidays right now - and having a simply awful time. It isn't that they don't have enough time to do everything or see places or meet new friends, its more so that they are disappointed with how things aren't going to plan.

I wish I had 5 cents for every time things didn't go to plan. I would have millions of dollars to take my own holidays with.

In my humble opinion, if you've gone away, with a mission to have fun, your One and Only aim should be to ensure you have fun. Especially considering you've spent hundreds and thousands of dollars to get to where you are, not including money to ensure you return home with great stories about how much fun it was, and all the new things you did, saw and learnt.

If your going to stay in your hotel room or wherever and have a constant whine about how boring things are, or how you aren't having any fun, how sad for you that no one will be showing you any sympathy.

Its called a holiday for a reason. You go away, get lost, get sore but come home and brag about all the fantastic things you did and saw. Its a new experience, embrace it. Not whinge about all the things you couldn't because no one would take you out and about.

Their called travel books? Say it with me now, Tra-vel Boo-ooks.

When things don't go to plan, grow up, find a different way and please, for the sake of everyone sanity, stop being so melodramatic.

If you insist on whinging, I suggest you pay for my next trip and take yourself to the dentist.
I hear their great for a relatively cheap whinge session.

2 comments:

Anonymous October 14, 2009 at 1:27 AM  

Agent 99 it is Lady Satan here :P I just wanted to let you know that your icon for this blog is brilliant! It sums up exactly how I'm feeling this week. Am just waiting for the bleeding to start :) LS Out.

quietsuperstitions October 14, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

Oooh I can comment now. I second this post wholeheartedly, as you well know *shakes fist*