Unimaginatively, yours.

I love it when people say "wow, thats unique."

That's so inidividualcrazymindblowingnewandfreshawesomelyyou and different are also favourites. How much of this new, really has never been done before? Green, the deep emerald and Irish green have become seasonal colours this year. Is it the first time? Or are we revisiting some years ago?

Blue. The edgy and vibrant blue, not quite royal, not quite navy, in between with a tinge of metal.

I like the blue.

Though I suspect, this time next year there shall lamenting going on when I have an overdraft of the same blue in different dress formations.

Last year it was black. Somehow Ive come to own between 20 and 25 dresses in the deepest of blacks. No, some of these cannot be mistaken for navy. There is a whole section dedicated to navy too. And don't get me started on the red/black combo.

There is a point to this, I can just see your eyes rolling..

Why do we buy the latest and greatest of fashion labels? Ive made a consistent effort this year to not just buy what is in' or new. Its hard, but somewhat do-able. Which leads me to today's wonder: why can't others just come up with their own-ness?

Its a tad driving-me-round-the-bend ish at this point. Its all well and good to claim individuality, but if your unique factor comes from me [or someone else], Im afraid its making us two of a kind. Much like cliches, overused and largely abused does not make for a great line.

Be different, be [or wear] what works for you.

Whatever. Lets open those doors and windows, and allow some ingenuity to seep in. Something that is all you and none of me.

Today's muddle: when does a human child become adult? And how does one stop this process-



0 comments: