Confessions of the be-lated


I think belated is a term applied, generally to those who have died. Passed on. Croaked. Left their aged and wrinkly bodies for the glory of youth and false hope? That act, you know.

Totally applies to Em from Meg Cabot's Airhead and me at the moment. Em has her brain transplanted from her dead body to the live body of a supermodel. She is technically declared dead and buried, only to look in the mirror, feel herself mentally capable but physically repulsive. Well, repulsive to only her brain that is, everyone else loves Nikki's body. Especially Stark enterprises whom she models for.

Im in a similar situation. Oh, put down the phone! I am not being transplanted to anyone's body - much to my chargrin - simply, there is far too much activity in my mind and not enough in my fingers.

She imagined progress to be a square, solid substance of metal; it flew past like the brilliant burst of breath filled bubbles one blows through a bubbler.

There are something like 5 days between me and a thesis deadline.
A few more than that between Jude's birthday and my presence at it.
Some more plus those will bring a night of boardgames.
Another one and Me and Mrs Khanna shall party.
Hopefully by the sixteenth dawn I shall be at Sam's dinner.
A moon past that and there shall be Dotter-love.
Following that a little beachparty with Chabi.
Next some graduation cake and a flight to London with agent152.

All in all, if the next five days dont leave me dejected and empty there shall be a multitude of moments to look forward too.

I insist on having a movies-you've-always-wanted-to-see night with mon and agent152 + the dotters before departure. Everything else may be left for later and after.

agent152 has promised me 500 days of summer and her favourite where the wild things are - IF i accomplish all tasks relating to thesis by monday. This may sound fair, but it really isnt.. its what I like to think of as blackmail *wink* and its working.. so no complaints!

I dont remember if agent152 was wished a loud and boistrous happy birthday on here.. so this image from me to you shall say happy 22nd with atleast 50 more [with me] to come!

And if your reading this, which you probably are, thanks for today agent152. Really, thank you - and we shall bring in christmas and 2010 with such fanfare as never before *wink*

I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void.

4 comments:

quietsuperstitions October 17, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

You will be fine, I know this because a) you are amazing and b) I have spent 7 years watching you work your best when faced with a deadline. I know you're capable, more importantly I believe in you. That's right I just said that, I am ms. inspirational cliches tonight *buffs fingers* Cliche or not, doesn't make it less true.

So jealous of your plans with Agent152, I'm dying to see those movies too.

So much to do before you go away! Sigh. I'm going to miss you *nods*

Agent99 October 17, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

Cliches can be inspiring when they come from the right avenue - and you dear, are my kind of dark alley *wink*
danke--

Your also most welcome to come with us to the filmfaring - this is always a given.

And so much only happens once Ive survived the next 5 days.. dear editor, they come like the wind your way!

Anonymous October 18, 2009 at 1:50 PM  

Agent Binks you definitely have to see those movies with us! I think Where the Wild Things are comes out around December 3. Can't wait to see that one I think we all need to identify with the Wild Thing inside each of us :) And we must catch 500 Days of Summer soon before it leaves the cinemas!

And Agent 99 you helped me just as much yesterday so no need for the thank you! Although an end to the birthday wishes would be brilliant :P

Hahaha you've even made room for Dotter-love after this period of doom is finally over! I'm sure they'll be impressed :D

Best get back to Voldy/Yetti and hope Malfoy/Thessy is going strong. Agent152 out.

And like the trailer says:
Inside all of us is Hope
Inside all of us is Fear
Inside all of us is Adventure
Inside all of us is a WILD THING!!!

quietsuperstitions October 21, 2009 at 12:17 AM  

Well I am definitely free and up for some escapism after this thesis business is finished. Finished and NEVER AGAIN. Sigh.

Good luck to both of you! :)