Balloons & Bartenders

The birthday dinner was indeed an event. The guests went home happy, the host was considerably drunk and nothing untoward has happened yet. Dare I hope that the birthday curse has been lifted? Better not speak about this for another five months atleast..

I was late to my own birthday dinner. *shakes head* So typical. The cab was to blame for a change. I ordered it for 45mins before it actually arrived thus making me one of the later people to walk into my own party. Dinner was fun, everyone seemed to get along which is always good to see.

I made one new friend! Its a talent now lol, I can manage it at my own party where I technically should have known everyone.. Lovely Luzian brought her boyfriend Marc [yes, he insists with a C] along and he was intelligent and funny- easy to befriend. Dinner consisted of recounting my most embarrasing moments, I think each of my friends had a story more horrendous then the previous.. if that was possible after the very first one that AnE brought up- oh that damn bus stroking. Am never going to live it down!

Dinner ofcourse, led to drink at a bar where Jude and I went onto get positively drunk. But what else?! Jeff turned up with apologies for being so late! Each of us thought he was with someone else until he walked away and we looked at each other cluelessly. We had our very own hanger on! Jeff returned throughout the night to befriend us, and share a deep and meaningful [read: never let go Jack] moment with Jude.

AnE and Jen were the somewhat sober ones, if only stealing martini glasses counts as opposed to declaring the skills to make a bartender a very happy man indeed [me] or using one boy to rid another [Jude] doesn't count. All in all a wonderful birthday.

And no, Jeff has not been in touch with Jude yet.

0 comments: